I always thought it was pretty cool the "connections" these two shows have.
1. Supernatural is filmed in Vancouver, Canada, just like Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe were.
2. Ken Girotti, who had directed the Stargate SG-1 episodes "Cold Lazarus" (#1x06) and "Ethon" (#9x15) also directed the Supernatural episode "Home" (#1x09).
3. Jeff Woolnough, who had directed the Stargate SG-1 episode "Emancipation" (#1x03), also directed Supernatural episode "Dark Side of the Moon" (#5x16).
4. Lots of people who appeared on Stargate SG-1 (and even Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe) also appeared in Supernatural. Here is an exhaustive list:
- Jamil Walker Smith, who played Master Sgt. Ronald Greer in Stargate Universe, also played Sam's friend Luis in Supernatural episode "Pilot" (#1x01).
- Bruce Dawson, who played the Captain in Stargate Atlantis episode "Aurora" (#2x09) also played Bill Carlton in Supernatural episode "Dead in the Water" (#1x03).
- Jaime Ray Newman, who played Lt. Cadman in Stargate Atlantis episode "Duet" (#2x04) also played Amanda Walker, flight attendant in Supernatural episode "Phantom Traveler" (#1x04).
- Brian Markinson, who played Lotan in Stargate SG-1 episode "Scorched Earth" (#4x09) also played Jerry Panowski in Supernatural episode "Phantom Traveler."
- Dan Shea, who appeared as Sgt. Siler in countless Stargate SG-1 episodes, played a cop in Supernatural episode "Bloody Mary" (#1x05) and a demon in episode "No Rest for the Wicked" (#3x16).
- Ryan Robbins, who played Ladon Radim (the Genii guy) in various Stargate Atlantis episodes also played Travis Weaver in Supernatural episode "Bugs" (#1x08).
- Andrew Airlie, who played Kalan in Stargate SG-1 episode "Learning Curve" (#3x05) and Dr. Carmichael in episode "Avatar" (#8x06) also played Larry Pike in Supernatural episode "Bugs."
- Anne Marie DeLuise, wife of Stargate SG-1 director Peter DeLuise, played Joanie Pike in Supernatural episode "Bugs."
- Tom Butler, who played Trofsky in Stargate SG-1 episodes "Out of Mind" (#2x22) and "Into the Fire (#3x01) played Harley Jorgeson in Supernatural episode "Scarecrow" (#1x11).
- Samantha Ferris, who played Dr. Raully in the same Stargate SG-1 episodes above, plays recurring character Ellen Harvelle in Supernatural (or at least did in Season 2 and Season 5, and one episode of Season 6... *misses Ellen*).
- Brent Stait, who played Maj. Ferretti in Stargate SG-1 episodes "Children of the Gods" (#1x01) and "Within the Serpent's Grasp (#1x22), played Scotty in Supernatural episode "Scarecrow" and a truck driver in Supernatural episode "...And Then There Were None" (#6x16).
- William B. Davis, who played an Ori Prior in Stargate SG-1 episode "The Fourth Horseman, Part 2" (#9x11) played a professor in Supernatural episode "Scarecrow."
- Kevin McNulty, who played Dr. Warner in various Stargate SG-1 episodes (mostly S1 and S2) and Chancellor Lycus in Stargate Atlantis episode "Inferno" (#2x19), played Roy Le Grange in Supernatural episode "Faith" (#1x12).
- Gillian Barber, who played one of the "residents" in Stargate SG-1 episode "The Gamekeeper" (#2x04) and Ambassador Dreylock in several other episodes, played Layla's mother in Supernatural episode "Faith."
- Alvin Sanders, who played Fred in Stargate SG-1 episode "Holiday" (#2x18) played Jimmy Anderson in Supernatural episode "Route 666" (#1x13).
- Jessica Steen, who played Dr. Elizabeth Weir in Stargate SG-1 episodes "The Lost City" (#7x21) and "The Lost City Part 2" (#7x22), played Officer Kathleen Hudak in Supernatural episode "The Benders" (#1x15).
- Ari Cohen, who played Tyrus in Stargate Atlantis episode "Underground" (#1x08) also played Miles Tarnower (the father of the first sick little girl) in Supernatural episode "Something Wicked" (#1x18).
- Venus Terzo, who played Dr. Michaels in Stargate SG-1 episode "Frozen" (#6x04), played Joanna in Supernatural episode "Something Wicked."
- Jodelle Ferland, who played young Adria in Stargate SG-1 episode "Flesh and Blood" (#10x01) and Harmony in Stargate Atlantis episode "Harmony" (#4x14), played Melanie Merchant (the creepy little ghost girl with the razor) in Supernatural episode "Provenance" (#1x19). As a side note, it seems that this Supernatural episode was filmed right around the same time as SG-1's "Flesh and Blood." She wasn't in that SG-1 ep very much, so I'm guessing they just filmed her scenes on a different day (or days) from the one(s) she filmed on Supernatural.
- Jay Brazeau, who played Harlan on Stargate SG-1 episodes "Tin Man" (#1x19) and "Double Jeopardy" (#4x21), played a historian in Supernatural episode "Provenance", as well as a doctor in episode "My Bloody Valentine" (#5x14).
- Dominic Zamprogna, who played Ares in Stargate Atlantis episode "Childhood's End" (#1x06), played a vampire named Bo in Supernatural episode "Dead Man's Blood" (#1x20).
- Vincent Gale, who played Agent Cross in Stargate SG-1 episode "Nightwalkers" (#6x05), and Morrison in a few episodes of Stargate Universe, played Evan Hudson in Supernatural episode "Crossroad Blues" (#2x08).
- Tom McBeath, who played Colonel Maybourne in many Stargate SG-1 episodes, played Scott's father in Supernatural episode "Hunted" (#2x10).
- Richard Kahan, who played Baldric in Stargate Atlantis episode "The Tower" (#2x15), played a gas station convenience store clerk in Supernatural episode "Born Under a Bad Sign" (#2x14).
- Winston Rekert, who played Cordesh in Stargate SG-1 episodes "The Tok'ra Part 1" and "The Tok'ra Part 2" (#2x11 and #2x12), played Jonah Greeley, the spirit in Supernatural episode "Roadkill" (#2x16).
- Teryl Rothery, who played recurring character Dr. Janet Fraiser on countless Stargate SG-1 episodes, played a coroner (how cool is that??) in Supernatural episode "Heart" (#2x17).
- Ben Ratner, who played a studio executive in Stargate SG-1 episode "Wormhole X-Treme!" (#5x12) and Dr. Hutchison in episode "Morpheus" (#10x02), played Walter Dixon in Supernatural episode "Hollywood Babylon" (#2x18).
- Garwin Sanford, who played the Tollan Narim in Stargate SG-1 episodes "Enigma" (#1x17), "Pretense" (#3x15) and "Between Two Fires" (#5x09), as well as Simon, Dr. Weir's husband (?) in several Stargate Atlantis episodes, played Deacon in Supernatural episode "Folsom Prison Blues" (#2x19).
- Ona Grauer, who played an Ancient in Stargate Atlantis episode "Rising, Part 1", and played Colonel Young's wife in a few episodes of Stargate Universe season 1, played the Crossroads Demon in Supernatural episode "All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 2" (#2x22).
- Kurt Evans, who played Col. Johnson in Stargate SG-1 2-parter "The Fourth Horseman" (#9x10 and 9x11), played Agent Reidy in Supernatural episodes "Folsom Prison Blues" (#2x19) and "Jus In Bello" (#3x12).
- Ben Cotton, who played Kavanagh in quite a few Stargate Atlantis episodes, played Pride in Supernatural episode "The Magnificent Seven" (#3x01).
- Hrothgar Mathews, who played Dr. Hamilton in Stargate SG-1 episode "Prodigy" (#4x19), played Grossman in Supernatural episode "Bad Day at Black Rock" (#3x03).
- Don S. Davis, who played Stargate SG-1's lovable General George Hammond, played Trotter in Supernatural episode "Sin City" (#3x04).
- Julia Benson, who played 2nd Lieutenant Vanessa James on Stargate Universe, played a hooker in Supernatural episode "Sin City" (#3x04)
- Christopher Cousins, who played Ambassador Joe Faxon in Stargate SG-1 episodes "2010" (#4x16) and "2001" (#5x10) played Doctor Garrison in Supernatural episode "Bedtime Stories" (#3x05).
- Martin Christopher, who played Major Marks on quite a few Stargate SG-1 episodes (and in the Ark of Truth movie), played a doctor in Supernatural episode "Fresh Blood" (#3x07), as well as in "Dream a Little Dream of Me" (#3x10). (thanks for the heads up, orangeswirl19!)
- Peter DeLuise, director on Stargate SG-1, appeared as FBI Deputy Director Groves in Supernatural episode "Jus In Bello" (#3x12).
- Tyler McClendon, who played Lt. Banks in Stargate SG-1 episode "Avalon, Part 1" (#9x01), played Deputy Phil Amici in Supernatural episode "Jus in Bello."
- Eric Breker, who played Colonel Reynolds on various Stargate SG-1 episodes (and in the Ark of Truth movie), played the grieving father in Supernatural episode "Long Distance Call" (#3x14).
- Kavan Smith, who played Maj. Lorne in many episodes of Stargate Atlantis and a few episodes of Stargate SG-1, played an auto body shop worker in Supernatural episode "Time is On My Side" (#3x15).
- Craig Veroni, who played Grodin in many S1 episodes of Stargate Atlantis, appeared as another auto body shop worker in Supernatural episode "Time is On My Side."
- Steven Williams, who played General Vidrine in various episodes of Stargate SG-1 from season 4 to season 7, also played Rufus in Supernatural episodes "Time Is On My Side", "Good God, Y'all!" (#5x02), "Weekend At Bobby's" (#6x04), "...And Then There Were None" (#6x16), and "Death's Door" (#7x10).
- Mitch Pileggi, who played Col. Caldwell in many episodes of Stargate Atlantis, played Samuel Campbell, Mary Winchester's father and Sam and Dean's grandfather in Supernatural episodes "In the Beginning" (#4x03), "Exile on Main Street" (#6x01), "Two And a Half Men" (#6x02), "Live Free or Twi-Hard" (#6x05), "Family Matters" (#6x07), "Caged Heat" (#6x10), and "...And Then There Were None" (#6x16).
- Gary Chalk, who played Col. Chekhov in a handful episodes of Stargate SG-1 starting in season 5, played Sheriff Deitrich in Supernatural episode "Monster Movie" (#4x05).
- Christopher Heyerdahl, who played Pallan in Stargate SG-1 episode "Revisions" (#7x05), Halling in several early Stargate Atlantis episodes, and finally the wraith Todd in many season 3-5 Stargate Atlantis episodes, played Alistair in Supernatural episodes "Death Takes a Holiday" (#4x15), "On the Head of a Pin" (#4x16), and "When the Levee Breaks" (#4x21).
- Aaron Pearl, who played Lt. General Hammond in "1969" (#2x20) and Lt. Kearney in "Lockdown" (#8x03) episodes of Stargate SG-1, played Roger in Supernatural episode "The Rapture" (#4x20), as well as a sheriff in episode "Heartache" (#8x03).
- Lexa Doig, who played Dr. Carolyn Lam in seasons 9 and 10 of Stargate SG-1 (and is also Michael Shanks' wife), played Risa in Supernatural episode "The End" (#5x04).
- Paul McGillion, who played the young Dr. Ernest Littlefield in Stargate SG-1 episode "The Torment of Tantalus (#1x10), and Dr. Carson Beckett during most of Stargate Atlantis, played Jim in Supernatural episode "Fallen Idols" (#5x05).
- Steve Bacic, who played Major Coburn in Stargate SG-1 episodes "Maternal Instinct" (#3x20) and "The First Ones" (#4x08), and Camulus in "New Order" (#8x01) and Zero Hour (#8x04), played Dr. Sexy, M.D., in Supernatural episode "Changing Channels" (#5x08).
- Crystal Lowe (aka Lo), who played Nya in Stargate SG-1 episode "Emancipation" (#1x03), played the "Leticia Gore" actress in Supernatural episode "The Real Ghostbusters" (#5x09).
- Michael Shanks, Dr. Daniel Jackson himself in Stargate SG-1, played Rob in Supernatural episode "99 Problems" (#5x17).
- Corin Nemec, who played Jonas Quinn in season 6 of Stargate SG-1, played Christian Campbell starting in Supernatural episode "Exile On Main Street" (#6x01) up through "Caged Heat" (#6x10).
- Robert Picardo, who played Ambassador Woolsey from seasons 7 through 10 of Stargate SG-1, later episodes of Stargate Atlantis, and several episodes of Stargate Universe, played a leprechaun in Supernatural episode "Clap Your Hands If You Believe" (#6x09).
- Gary Jones, who played Sgt. Walter Harriman throughout all of Stargate SG-1, appeared in the teaser of Supernatural episode "The Mentalists" (#7x07).
- Bill Dow, who played Dr. Lee in Stargate SG-1 seasons 7-10 and some Stargate Atlantis episodes, played a doctor in Supernatural episode "The Born-Again Identity" (#7x17).
- Gerard Plunkett, who played High Councillor Tuplo in Stargate SG-1 episodes "The Broca Divide" (#1x04) and "Enigma" (#1x16), and Nem in episode "Fire and Water" (#1x12), played Plutus in Supernatural episode "What's Up, Tiger Mommy?" (#8x02).
And that's about all I have. There's my geekdom, in all its glory. *grin* If any sharp-eyed SG-1/SGA watchers noticed I missed anyone, please let me know and I'll add them. ETA: Major *huggles* for my f-listers, esp. meg_tdj for filling in some of the holes! :)
ETA#2: edited to include a few more people after last night's SPN ep. Heh. :)
ETA#3: Updated 7/17/09 to include up to Supernatural season 4! If there are any that I missed, please let me know and I'll add them. :)
ETA#4: Updated 4/23/10 to include Supernatural season 5! Again if I'm missing any, please let me know. Thanks. :)
ETA#5: Updated 9/24/10 to include the season 6 premiere of Supernatural.
ETA#6: Updated 5/26/11 to include actors from Stargate Universe and some later season 6 episodes of Supernatural.
ETA#7: Updated 9/10/12 to include Supernatural season 7 and to fill in some more holes.
ETA#8: Updated 10/12/12 to include Supernatural season 8.
*shakes head* I understand their reasons for striking (even if I don't totally agree w/them), but you'd think people would be trying to avoid another strike after we just barely got through the WGA's. If this happens I think it'll sound the death knell for network TV. I really hope they think about this - BOTH sides - and are able to avoid it. Not holding my breath though.